Today is the first day of fall and we are so ready for fall layers (even if the weather isn’t cooperating yet). It’s time to break out the cinnamon-scented candles and suede! Here’s what is currently on our fall wishlists:
Now that I’m living in Nashville, I’m looking forward to experiencing my first fall and everything that comes with it like the leaves turning colors and cooler weather. Since this will be my first real fall my list is mostly filled with fun clothes.
1. Fun patterned tights. I love when it’s finally cool enough to wear tights with my dresses and skirts to work. These Sheer Dot Tights will add a fun element to my typical all black outfits.
2. A warm vest. I have been in love with this Factory Printed Quilted Puffer Vest since seeing several bloggers (including A Southern Drawl) wear this vest last year. I couldn’t previously justify buying it, but now that I live somewhere that actually gets cold, it’s a must for fall!
3. Black Glitter Nail Polish. I typically wear pink nail polish and stay far away from black but the Julep Estelle polish has enough glitter to keep the color fun. It’s the perfect color to wear for Halloween!
4. A flannel shirt. Anyone that knows me, knows I’m a sucker for flannel. I’ve seen so many plaid flannel shirts this year but I’m loving this Classic Plaid Shirt which will be perfect to wear with skinny jeans or leggings.
5. Comfy rain boots. I’ve heard it rains a lot here in Nashville so figured I should invest in some nice rain boots that will be warm and still nice enough to wear into the office. These Sperry Saltwater Waterproof Rain Boots are cute and will last a long time. Just wish I would have bought them on sale this summer!
6. Lip Balm. I was recently given a Waxelene Lip Tube and I love it! It’s so moisturizing and definitely going to be useful this fall to help prevent chapped lips from the cold.
7. Booties. Booties are my favorite style of shoes and I’m always looking for a new pair. I’m loving these Sole Society Zada Booties that can be dressed up or down. They even come in blue if you’re a little more adventurous than me!
1. A light sweater. This Multi-Way Sweater from Victoria’s Secret is perfect for layering over skinny jeans or leggings and it can be worn four different ways. Plus, it’s made with a touch of cashmere so it will be nice and soft.
2. Black skinny jeans. These Joni High Rise Skinny Jeans from Topshop have a nice slim fit. The high rise makes these perfect to pair with cropped sweaters or longer tunics and the sleek fit (these don’t have bulky front pockets) looks so fresh for fall.
3. The perfect fall hat. I don’t wear hats that often (mostly because I always forget I have them) but I love how they look. This Raw-Cut Brim Fedora has a nice shape and I love the heathered look of the material. And since it’s from Forever 21 it’s a great value, even if I only wear it a couple of times.
4. A colorful eyeshadow palette. I’ve been lusting after Urban Decay’s Urban Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette since I first saw pictures a couple of months ago. It’s supposed to be released on Urban Decay’s website near the end of October but luckily Sephora released it early for VIBs and VIB Rouges (it’s currently sold out). The jewel tone shadows are so pretty and I can’t wait to get it (I may have already placed an order)!
5. Gold earrings. I love gold jewelry and these Gorjana Olympia Stud Earrings with their leaf shapes are perfect for fall!
6. A gray bag. I tend to buy nice bags and wear them for years, only taking a break when I buy a new one. Lately I’ve been searching for a gray bag for fall and winter. The Kate Spade Cobble Hill Deni Leather Crossbody is the perfect color. It’s bigger than most crossbody bags but still small enough to wear all day without getting a shoulderache.
7. Spicy tea. I’m a fan of spicy drinks in general but fall makes me want to drink them all day long! Teavana’s Pumpkin Spice Brulee Oolong Tea with its blend of sweet chocolate, pumpkin, and spice sounds exactly like what I need right now.
8. Black suede booties. I always want new boots or booties for fall and this year I’m after a black pair. These same Edelman Hannah Belted Chelsea Booties have a shorter heel for comfort and criss cross straps for a tougher vibe.
What are you coveting for fall?
-Stacie and Molly
This post contains affiliate links.